Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wasabi

We frequent this place a lot since it is so close to us AND most importantly it is really good food!

The location of this place is not prime at all. It is right underneath a condominium called The Lions and is facing the high traffic Georgia Street. Most people that would notice this place are probably too busy just driving past it. The atmosphere is also very simple so it may not attract people for that reason as well. The service, however, is exceptional and more than makes up for the simplistic atmosphere. The owners are very warm and personable and always smiling. You definitely feel like you are at their home enjoying some traditional cooking.

The food here is one of the best in the city. The spicy ramen soup is so addictive you will get cravings for it later! It has egg, wonton, spinach, chicken/beef, crab slices and ramen noodles. This soup is like a drug! Another favorite soup is the chicken udon soup. The broth is always very delectable and the udon noodles are super chewy fresh! Besides the soup being beyond amazing, the sushi is also very good. My favorites are the spicy and crunchy combos. The price of one meal is about $10 and the portions are healthy. I really like their gomae and sake. The gomae is the best I've had in the city, it is actually quite fresh and their peanut sauce is crunchy. I am not an expert in sake, however I know that I really enjoyed the sake!

This place is highly recommended by us if you want very good quality sushi and soup.

Wasabi on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Karuna said...

Hi,

Your blog has no contact info! Can you email me and then I can get back to you? I work for a local restaurant.

Thanks,

Carrie